Hi everyone! I hope you’re all enjoying your week and have been reading some good stuff out there. This has been a hectic week so I’m delayed in my reading and reporting, but a few flash fiction contests have crossed my inbox this week:
Flash Fiction Contests
- Glimmer Train’s Very Short Fiction Contest is currently open until 31 October. First prize is $1,500 and publication.
- The Missouri Review, a very well-respected publication, has extended its 2014 Jeffrey E Smith Editor’s Prize deadline to 31 October. First prize is $5,000!
Flash Fiction Markets
- Now here’s something I didn’t know existed: crab fat. Or more specifically, the Crab Fat Literary Magazine, which is currently accepting flash fiction submissions
- Embodied Effigies Magazine is currently accepting submissions of flash non-fiction (up to 750 words). In spite of this blog’s name, they still slip through the gate of inclusion
- Have you checked out Flash Fiction Magazine? They publish a new short story every day. Enjoy!
Flash Fiction News
- Smokelong Quarterly, a great flash fiction magazine, has a Kickstarter campaign posted to redesign its web site. If you can spare a few dollars, they could use it!
Continue reading →